Every year, Athlone School has a fundraising project to collect funds that will go towards educational events, supplies, and activities that may not otherwise be covered in our school budget. The money collected from our school fundraising project helps us cover the costs of events such as field trips, special activities and educational supplies. This year’s fundraising project will be a little bit different from recent years. Instead of a dance-a- thon, Athlone School has decided to have a read-a-thon during the month of March.
You can begin pledging today! Ask your family, friends, and neighbors to pledge your child for our read-a-thon.
A.) The top three fundraisers from the K to grade one, grades two to three, and grades four to five will receive prizes.
B.) The primary and the intermediate class who have the “Most Minutes Read” will win a $50.00 Scholastic Credit for the class.
· Start recording your reading minutes on Monday, March 2nd.
· Your final minutes can be recorded for Tuesday, March 24th.
· Parents must initial the Tracking Form each time to confirm that their child read all the logged minutes.
· Pledge forms are used to track your sponsors and how much they have pledged to donate.
· Sponsors can pledge per minute read, or at a flat rate donation, not both.
· Reading before and after school, on the bus, to parents and pets all count, but reading during class does not count.
We would like all pledges collected and returned to school by Wednesday, March 25th. Cheques should be made out to Athlone School. All cheques and money should be placed in a sealed envelope with your child’s name, grade, room number, and the amount enclosed. If you choose not to participate, please send the pledge form back to school.
Thank you for your support!